Durable Gloves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HittinSteel

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Northeastern Ohio
I am on my third pair of what I would call decent ($10-$12) leather gloves in 2 months. Can anyone suggest a more durable brand or style?

HittinSteel said:
I am on my third pair of what I would call decent ($10-$12) leather gloves in 2 months. Can anyone suggest a more durable brand or style?

I have the same problem! 8-/ The leather gloves I have been using are in the same price range and just don't hold up.

Those look pretty nice. I have been using them from start to finish (sawing, splitting and stacking)

Do the reverse, get the cheapest leather gloves I can get and toss when they get too ratty. The ones with the safety orange seem too be better made than the ones that don't.
For what it's worth.

I usually just get those $3 latex-coated cotton gloves they sell everywhere. I guess I go through 1-2 pairs a year. I like the grip I get on the saw and the maul with those.

GO with pig skin! They cost me $40 but they last me almost a year and I use them at work and at home! They are the only ones that last even close!

Status
Not open for further replies.