Duraliner Oval Liner Insulation Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Yocbran3

Nov 14, 2023
New York
I am planning to run the Duraliner oval liner through an approximately 8x12 clay liner for a Lopi Revere insert. I am set on the several sections of rigid pipe and the connector to the stove, and will use a 3 foot section of oval flex liner to connect to the rigid pipe.

My question is related to insulating the 3 foot section of flexible liner. I can only find kits that are for insulating 15 to 25 feet or more. Is there a product available for insulating just the 3 foot section of flexible liner as the rigid pipes are already insulated?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Screenshot_20231114-135609.png

Duraliner makes an insulating sleeve for the flex section. For 6" the part is 7102-ZC. It will need a band clamp top and bottom, part 4910

Thanks. With those part numbers I was able to find that they discontinued the sleeve as of 1/1/2023 and replaced it with a kit consisting of ½” x 5’ ProFoil insulation and a 5’ section of ProMesh. Now to see if I can find the kit.

Whoops, I see that my doc is dated 2008. Time to update this one.