Durango Wood Burning Time Claim

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soupy1957

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 8, 2010
Connecticut
www.youtube.com
Can you believe the manufacturer's claim of a 12 hour burn in this stove? (Personally, I don't like the small viewing window, but that's another matter). I'm having a hard time believing that the particular firebox shown, can handle 26" logs, too. Doesn't seem that big, to me.

-Soupy1957

soupy1957 said:
Can you believe the manufacturer's claim of a 12 hour burn in this stove? (Personally, I don't like the small viewing window, but that's another matter). I'm having a hard time believing that the particular firebox shown, can handle 26" logs, too. Doesn't seem that big, to me.

I doubt that their "one-year, unconditional guarantee" covers the ability to burn for 12 hours.

soupy1957 said:
I'm having a hard time believing that the particular firebox shown, can handle 26" logs, too. Doesn't seem that big, to me.

Why? The stove is 34" long and the firebox is 27" deep.

I could make mine burn 12 hrs. if i choke the air off enough. I don't like that little glass on it either. Probably don't need much air wash either, therefore less incoming air.

BrotherBart: Yeah, I didn't look at the tech specs on it...............I still don't like it enough to buy it. The damper design is kinda neat, but that's about all I like about it.

-Soupy1957

The marketing ad kind of made me laugh, how they called their secondaries "turbo burn" . After I heard that I became less interested.

Turbo Burn !!! Ha Ha Ha !

Shawn

I have liked the looks of the stove every since it came out. And setting up a N/S cigar burn with splits that long should give a really nice and pretty long burn. If would make a great hearth stove for smaller fireplaces.

mhrischuk said:
That's nothin. The Blaze King add says they do 40 hrs.

And you can buy six Durangos for the price of one BK.

Reactions: Kosmik
mhrischuk said:
That's nothin. The Blaze King add says they do 40 hrs.

UHHHHHHH but actually they do. Closer to 30 on the King for realistic gaining heat from the North soft woods.
Unless your sayin BK owners on this site are lyin. :kiss:

I kind of like it too - and the turbo burn thing - well - as a proud new owner of a 27 year old Upland Model 17 - when I draft it down it really does sound like a turbo when the air starts jetting in LOL.
And as the other poster commented - I really like the idea of a long split with the S burn (I don't know what N/S is...but the Upland does the S I think).

jjs777_fzr said:
I kind of like it too - and the turbo burn thing - well - as a proud new owner of a 27 year old Upland Model 17 - when I draft it down it really does sound like a turbo when the air starts jetting in LOL.
And as the other poster commented - I really like the idea of a long split with the S burn (I don't know what N/S is...but the Upland does the S I think).
That just refers to loading the split in length-wise in the stove as apposed to E/W or sideways.

I like it, turbo burn, small glass and all, really nice that it will take a 24 inch log.

Status
Not open for further replies.