Duratech Reduced Clearance Square Support Box ????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CSAW

Sep 6, 2010
Fl
1. I'm looking at the box in the title. If I understand it correctly it allows the chimney to pass within one inch of the truss which would probably help me out a bit. Every inch counts. Elsewhere in their literature it says the chimney can't be any closer than two inches from a combustible. Am I to assume that one inch is OK if I use this box? Probably a stupid question since they make the thing.

2. I will probably only have about eight or so inches of attic space where I need to go through. Is that enough room to install the insulation shield? Should I run the support box all the way to the roof?

Should mention this is a minimal pitch roof and cathedral ceiling.

Thanks

Follow up question. If the stove manual says the connector can be 7" from the wall with heat shield. Then it says the heat shield must extend up 25". Does that mean that after that it can be 7" without the shield?

Thanks

[quote author="CSAW" date="1284422611"]1. I'm looking at the box in the title. If I understand it correctly it allows the chimney to pass within one inch of the truss which would probably help me out a bit. Every inch counts. Elsewhere in their literature it says the chimney can't be any closer than two inches from a combustible. Am I to assume that one inch is OK if I use this box? Probably a stupid question since they make the thing.

I'm currently using one of their close clearance boxes. The manual was pretty straight forward on installation. The ICC Excel brand square support box has the same dimensions (I have one of those installed too), so I don't believe there's an issue with clearances.

2. I will probably only have about eight or so inches of attic space where I need to go through. Is that enough room to install the insulation shield? Should I run the support box all the way to the roof?

Should mention this is a minimal pitch roof and cathedral ceiling.

[Run the support box all the way....no shield needed. Go to Simpsons website & take a look at the manual[/color]

Status
Not open for further replies.