Duratech roof flashing versus large base roof flashing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darl Bundren

Jan 9, 2008
WNC
I am trying to finalize the components of my class A chimney, and I see that Duratech sells a 0/12 to 6/12 adjustable roof flashing, and they also sell one that features a large base. Does anybody know why you'd need the large base? Maybe to support more pipe? To ensure greater protection against the elements?

And, I am considering shopping online with Hearthside Distributors out of Chattanooga, TN. Has anybody dealt with them before?

Thanks as always.

Maybe for retrofitting a 6" pipe where an 8" once was? Or a coverup for sloppy hole cut?

Maybe for a 6/12 and up pitch. Steeper roof, means larger oblonged hole.

It looks like the difference is only about 8" of width across the roof (not up and down). It's 28Wx30H vs. 20Wx30H. It may be for those of us who have deluxe corrugated steel roofing. The width will cover the 24" width of one tin, or give you more sliding room, etc.

I talked with the Duratech guy earlier today--he said the large base was for folks who needed to crimp or bend the base to get it to fit over metal roofing. If you have a shingle roof, get the regular base.

Good info Darl. Thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.