Dutch west fountain gasket replacement.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a VC Dutch west stove. It's not giving me the jet sound when I throw the recirculating damper. Their support said to change the fountain mustache gasket. I took stove apart and cleaned it and changed the gaskets I saw. Didn't see the one he's talking about. Any advice would be great. Thanks. Burn on!

Did you remove the entire fireback and vacuum out the ashes? I really doubt the gasket would make much of a difference.

The gaskets they are referring too come in a kit. They are flat white gaskets that are very specific to the stove. They would come from VC.
The combustion package behind the refractory cement panels was in good shape? How many years old is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.