Dutch West

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill

Minister of Fire
Mar 2, 2007
South Western Wisconsin
I can get a super deal on a new mid sized one, what's the opinion on this stove, and the everburn system. Is this a safe stove?

Thanks

Bill please describe you chimney setup. recently the Everburn has received quite a bit of negative post here. A couple were installed in over draft chimneys, the solution was a manual damper. Vermont Casting replied here stating there are thousands working fine and that only a few draft situations created problematic opperations. Personally if the stove was going in my home I would figure out how to opperate it. there are a frw simple tip that make oppreation easier Trader has an entire post dedecated to the non Cat Dutch West he has prefected its opperations. If you have decent draft, then chances are you will be fine. This is not a carte blank endorsement.. I am still communicating with VC if there are issues, they have expressed willingness to address them. Talk to your dealer. Find out his history with the dutch west everburn stoves. If honest he will admitt to any past issues and his solutious

Thanks for your reply, my chimney is 6" double wall black interior, to 6" stainless, height about 14' straight up. I can get such a good price on this stove I would like to consider it. Just need to do my final measurements, hearth pad design, etc.

Bill

Search posts for "everburn" and dutchwest before you buy to make sure it's waht you want. I've found that most dealers in my area don't know how to operate these, so you can't rely on dealers exclusively. I would recommend seeing one set up and in operation before you decide...maybe right for you, maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.