DutchWest 2461, side door question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishinpa

Hearth Supporter
Oct 7, 2008
SE PA
My buddy has this stove and the left side door gasget is shot.

Does anyone know if this door is removable? I had a quick look at the manual he has, but it really doesn't say much about anything, other than installation info.

Help please....

fishinpa said:
My buddy has this stove and the left side door gasget is shot.

Does anyone know if this door is removable? I had a quick look at the manual he has, but it really doesn't say much about anything, other than installation info.

Help please....

I have a FA264CCL and I think the side door is similar and on this stove you simply open the door and lift it off, the hinge pins stay with the door.. VCBurner will probably see this and let you know for sure as he has the exact same model..

Good Luck!

Ray

Open door and lift up. You might have to wiggle it a little if rusty, the pins should stay in door.

Defiant said:
Open door and lift up. You might have to wiggle it a little if rusty, the pins should stay in door.
+1 on his instructions
When you put it back together put a dab of never seize on the pins and it helps for the next time you take it apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.