Dutchwest 2478 fountain replacement??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy camper

Nov 7, 2015
Lewiston mi
greetings, new here !
Just wondering if any one knows what is supposed to come with the fountain replacement kit for a Dutch west 2478 stove.
I ordered the kit and all I received was just the fountain, no gaskets or instructions.
If all you get in the "kit" is just the fountain, does anyone know what gaskets are needed to do the job. I talked to my local dealer and they were no help :( would appreciate any and all help on this. Temp is dropping and need to get my stove back up and running.

Start a conversation with Defiant. I think he's done a rebuild of this stove.

Hi Defiant, bought a fountain replacement kit,
The only thing I received was the fountain.
Being advertised as it was a kit,I was under the impression that I would receive all gaskets and instructions to do the job. When I contacted the seller I didn't get any satisfaction. I just wanted to know what gaskets I needed to do the job
( gasket size or part numbers for the gaskets)
I was told to contact a dealer. When I contacted my local dealer it seems they had the attitude that since I didn't buy it from them it wasn't their problem. Don't want to put this beast back together without the proper gaskets.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.