Dutchwest Damper Adjuster Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bassmasta

Oct 22, 2018
Missouri
20E0F573-1A66-43F9-B3AA-763D92D8A2A3.jpeg

Hi folks.....just joined the forum and looking forward to the knowledge base and contributing my experience when possible.

As I was inspecting my Dutchwest 2462, I noticed the damper adjuster had deteriorated. I bought this stove new in 2000 so no surprise based on the location of this piece and the heat it takes.( pic attached). Does anyone know how to remove the damper crank to get this piece replaced? There are two square head bolts on either end of the crank. the one on the right goes thru the inner top into the damper crank and the one on the left goes into the damper operations rod. Not sure where to start and if the damper rod comes out first.

Thanks folks!

Use an Allen wrench to remove the damper handle. The just inside the stove on the damper rod there will be a C clip in a groove, remove it. Then the damper rod can be removed.

Reactions: begreen