DVL adapters and install.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vmaxer

Nov 18, 2020
Antioch,ca
Merry Christmas everyone! Finally recovered from throwing my back out, so I pulled out the parts and started final plan.
I got a basic install kit from Tractor supply. Box notes that it comes with a dvl adapter.
Ok, most logistics are done. Just a few questions left.
1- Do I need the dvl adapter for stove top? Do stove stores carry this item? Also my flue is not at a level on top of the stove, kind of comes out from the back, should I worry?
2- is this ceiling adapter sufficient? The chrome/steel part slides into the box inside a ring. Got a pic.
I will be building a bottom shield from 22 gauge steel and have a rear shield.

I'm capable,though might as well do things safe and most of you already have forgotten more than I know in this matter. :).Cheers!

IMG_20201224_154617763.jpg stovetopadapter.png dvladaptertotelscopingdvl.jpg justreference.jpg dvladaptertobox.jpg

Yes, that's the way the adapter fits on the ceiling support box. I don't remember if the stove needs an adapter or not. It's been well over a decade. Try it with a section of pipe to see.

OK, my north is looking good. on south(stove to dvl) doesn't look right. I guess I need to order the stove top adapter.
IMG_20201224_180100715.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: