DVL Pipe, clearances, heat from it...?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NVHunter

Feeling the Heat
Nov 3, 2013
Reno, NV
Question for those who know. I'm going to use 6" DVL pipe for I'm stove install and I'm going to have an 8" section above an elbow that's going to be at the 6" minimum clearance threshold from the wall.

How hot will the wall get with the pipe being at the minimum clearance of 6"? Will I be ok with it this close? Can't really spare much room to increase the distance from the wall.

Thanks

If you're still buying a BK, it will be fine. Flue temps are on the cool side, which is why double wall connector is recommended.

If you're still buying a BK, it will be fine. Flue temps are on the cool side, which is why double wall connector is recommended.

Still torn between a BK and a Lopi Cape Cod. Does the cod throw out a lot of heat through the flue?

Never heard of a Hot Coddy? ::-)

Status
Not open for further replies.