E1 and E2 error - hooking up a new PU-CBO4 board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tgflag

Jan 7, 2018
Michigan
I have a 1992 England 25-PAF stove. Purchased new and it is my primary house heat. I am a high maintenance person and this stove has run flawlessly all these years.

My old "knob-type" board PU-CB98 is starting to fail. I purchased a new PU-CB04 updated replacement board, and I cannot get it operate. This old of a stove only has 8 wires to hook-up. The 2 auger motors, the convection fan and the blower fan. I have the wires hooked up correctly, but when I turn it on, it immediately shuts down with display the "E1 and E2" errors.

I have tried the reset procedure several times to no avail. I have checked and double-checked the wiring and all that is involved. This isn't rocket science, but I must be missing something on what this newer style board requires to run an old stove. No matter what I do, nothing seems to work.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 121
I have a 1992 England 25-PAF stove. Purchased new and it is my primary house heat. I am a high maintenance person and this stove has run flawlessly all these years.

My old "knob-type" board PU-CB98 is starting to fail. I purchased a new PU-CB04 updated replacement board, and I cannot get it operate. This old of a stove only has 8 wires to hook-up. The 2 auger motors, the convection fan and the blower fan. I have the wires hooked up correctly, but when I turn it on, it immediately shuts down with display the "E1 and E2" errors.

I have tried the reset procedure several times to no avail. I have checked and double-checked the wiring and all that is involved. This isn't rocket science, but I must be missing something on what this newer style board requires to run an old stove. No matter what I do, nothing seems to work.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

call Englander in the morning (0800 and you wont have to wait long) that upgrade has diff settings that need to be put in

I believe you might also have to add the thermistor.