E2 englander pdv25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Billyc

Oct 17, 2020
Rehoboth
Hello. New house. First pellet stove. Englander pdv25 with 2 augers..Upper auger of 2 not working. I bypaased the vacuum and it worked so i bought vacuum piece and it doesnt work

E2 error

I dont think it the hoses...any idea

Upper wont feed and therefore e2 no start. Thanks

Last edited:

Do a "search" on these two threads may help?

What is wrong with my Englander 25-PDV?

25-pdvc auger broken

Hose??

So if you connected the wires together that go to the vacuum switch, (remember where they were connected), and the upper auger worked then I would think there is a vacuum problem

So if you connected the wires together that go to the vacuum switch, (remember where they were connected), and the upper auger worked then I would think there is a vacuum problem
Its a new vacuum .....I tested by doing bypass...so i bought a new vacuum and when using new vacuum its doesnt work

Maybe a stupid question but is the combustion fan working
and is the exhaust path clear to the end of the chimney?

Good Question..

Stupid answer. Lol. I dont know. The old owner has helped but he gave a cleaning but i dont know if he cleared the exhaust paths or outside vents....and the combustion fan i dont know. Should I feel a breeze or test

OK so you should be able to hear the combustion blower and feel air coming out the pipe. You sucked on the tube going to the switch and you can hear it click, which would mean its good & you replaced it, & you correctly placed the wires to the proper terminals. If blower is running and path is clear, I would again check that tube for a slight crack and tight fit on connections..
You stated an "E2" code....failure to start. Looks like maybe, depending on date,two switches on that unit , one to fire box and one to combustion blower..Check this link for codes and troubleshooting "support"

Last edited:
Ok ok. New pellet stove. I asked the old house owner and he hadnt cleaned outside pipe...I cleaned and it was fill and surely affecting vacuum etc. The pellet stove running nicely

Thanks very much

Fantastic

Reactions: Billyc
There you go.. Simple stuff first

Reactions: Billyc