E2 to E1 code on 25-PDV...HELP??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbs_510

Mar 24, 2013
Berkshire County, MA
shut my stove down yesterday to clean it, when I went to turn it back on after a couple of seconds I got an E2 code, then goes right to E1. I started checking things out, noticed the vacuum hose going to the exhaust blower was cracked a bit. So we cut it down a bit and replaced it. Also cleaned the flue outside. Not sure what else to do...any suggestions on what it may be,

A possibility is the rarely mentioned vacuum port hole located to the right of the burnpot being plugged.

Check the vacuum hoses for cracks at the end. I have seen a lot of that lately'

I am not seeing a vacuum port hole,
Look on P. 19 of your owners manual....there are pics of the port hole. It must be kept clean (toothpick or unbent paperclip).

Also, was the entire exhaust system from air intake all the way to the exhaust outlet cleaned? When was the last time the combustion blower was removed and cleaned, along with all the exhaust system in that area? Impingment plate was removed and everything behind it was cleaned? Back steel wall was "banged" on with a mallet to dislodge any hidden ash?

the end of vacuum hose was cracked, we were able to cut it down a bit past the crack...still have the same error message

Unplug the stove to reset the error message. :)

Look on P. 19 of your owners manual....there are pics of the port hole. It must be kept clean (toothpick or unbent paperclip).

Also, was the entire exhaust system from air intake all the way to the exhaust outlet cleaned? When was the last time the combustion blower was removed and cleaned, along with all the exhaust system in that area? Impingment plate was removed and everything behind it was cleaned? Back steel wall was "banged" on with a mallet to dislodge any hidden ash?

P.19 of my manual shows the hopper latches.

It ended up being the combustion blower, took it apart and cleaned it all out now it is working great. Not sure when the last time it was done. This is our first year with a pellet stove, so we are slowly learning :)

Glad you found the problem. This is why we ask about cleaning procedures, even after a "newbie" states that his or her stove is "as clean as it can possibly be", or words to that effect.

As we say here often, 80-85% of stove problems are a result of a dirty stove.

BTW, did you buy the stove new, used, or did it come with the house. If it was anything but new, after the burning season is over, the stove should be brought out to a garage and taken completely apart, blown out with compressed air, all gaskets check/replaced, etc, etc.

If it was new, how many tons burned in it so far?

Glad you found the problem. This is why we ask about cleaning procedures, even after a "newbie" states that his or her stove is "as clean as it can possibly be", or words to that effect.

As we say here often, 80-85% of stove problems are a result of a dirty stove.

BTW, did you buy the stove new, used, or did it come with the house. If it was anything but new, after the burning season is over, the stove should be brought out to a garage and taken completely apart, blown out with compressed air, all gaskets check/replaced, etc, etc.

If it was new, how many tons burned in it so far?

I appreciate everyone's suggestions on what it could of been :)

The stove came with the house, we were told the old owners didn't really use it. Guess we should of asked a few more questions to know what we really needed to due before the cold season started.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions on what it could of been :)

The stove came with the house, we were told the old owners didn't really use it. Guess we should of asked a few more questions to know what we really needed to due before the cold season started.

Spend some time on this forum and you'll learn a ton of useful info. Bottom line with these stoves....keep it clean, it will give you good heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.