Early Christmas present

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsman23

Minister of Fire
Aug 26, 2008
western southern tier of NYS
Yesterday i was notified by my transplant center that they combined services with another hospital and that i am now active once again on the list to receive a kidney. I was on medical hold but now i once again have HOPE. Any kidneys laying around out there are needed......... :) Who says miracles can't happen.

That's great.....will keep you in my thoughts....hope ya get one soon :)

Woodsman -

From the spouse of a heart transplant patient, FANTASTIC news!

Hubby & I waited out 3+ yrs. before he was able to celebrate his transplant. He is now just beyond 2 yrs. post transplant - at this stage his chance of transplant failure is less than 2%. Those 3 yrs. waiting and now 24 months after transplant though were a knuckle bitter! :)

Combining transplant network areas is such a bonus - as you now know. Hubby's transplant network was quite large to begin with, then it was expanded but along with his large network we also had an option to register/go through all required testing with yet another network that had an entirely different geographical area. We chose to stick with our local, large network but if things had gotten bad real fast we would have applied to the second geographical network. The big problem we would have had if we would have joined the second network is all medical testing would have to be repeated and insurance would only cover the initial network expenses.

May you be blessed as we have been. :)

Now............. as to our $963,000 hospital only bill........... What's a few dollars when your loved one is still with you? :)

We heat with wood - so we can pay medical bills. :)

Wow- that is good news- and a wake up for people to get tested as donors.

I heard something on the radio about testing for a donor bank, but I believe that my tattoos put me out of the running for a while.

Now getting that needed kidney would really be a swell Christmas present. We'll be pulling for you on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.