Early Purchase ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I read that right?? AWF WP 233/ton? As a dealer I can't land them for anywhere near that price. And we're quite a bit closer to the plant than you. So my freight cost should be much less. With that said, the AWF WP blows the doors off any of the other brands on your list. I'd suggest you buy as much as you can and stack them straight up to your ceiling. Great find.

They are the AWF Ultra white Pine. Bought a ton of these from a new farm and tractor supply store that opened in Oct. 2014. I called them and asked if they do a pre-buy or early buy on pellets. Explained I was looking to buy my seasons worth, 6 tons, in spring or early summer. Assistant Manager had to talk to someone and get back to me. I don't think they thought about doing an early buy, but I explained to them that I was willing to change my business if the price was right. He got back to me and said they would take 10% off if I bought 5-6 tons. Their current price is 259/ton. They don't have delivery, and are 15 miles away from me. If I get them I will have to rent a trailer and take two trips. I can rent a trailer (7000lb GVWR) for $40 bucks per day. With my truck and this trailer I can move 3 ton at a time.

Those are Maine Woods Pellets
yep.
that price works out to $283 per ton. i would hope even down south you could find those for a lower price.
i just paid $229 for those. up $5 from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.