Earth stove and pet protection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Plantgirl

Oct 24, 2021
Kansas
I just purchased an updated farmhouse with an Earth Stove 100. I'm concerned about my cat jumping on it when it's not. Has anyone designed a protective screen to place around their stove to keep pets or small children safe?

There are a number of stove gates available.

Won't stop your cat, tho. If your cat DOES jump
on top of that hot stove, it will only do it ONCE.

Reactions: enordy and Osage
never had our cats (RIP all of them) jumped on the stove... lay very close to it, yes.
but never jumped on it.

One cat that I lived with, Jeremy, after living for years with a wood stove suddenly looked up at the stove sizing up how much force it would take to jump up. I didn't have time to stop him. He never did that again.

Animals can tell, I wouldnt worry about it, there much smarter then you think, my cat loads the stove.

02896B6B-FFD9-4631-BDA9-E99AAFC8708B.jpeg