Earthquake chainsaw - is this worth getting?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Anyone heard of this? Is it actually made by DR? Seems to go for about $160 new, so thought it might be a cheap backup saw (I've been looking for a backup for when I pinch the bar on the Dolmar, etc.). Thanks!

http://nh.craigslist.org/grd/2894485297.html

Yes, figured it might be a junk saw, but thought if it is brand new and I could pick it up for $50, it might be worth it - even if it lasted a few years, I'd be happy for the price. Cheers!

I understand, I bought a POS Poulan 33cc Wood Shark refurb from VM Innovations for $54. It runs, but its more trouble than its worth. I've seen the earthquake saw on sale (46cc I think) for like $95 new from sears. I think if you spend less than that you'd be getting a good deal; but it is what it is... a throw away.

I'd need to buy a cheapy to toss in the Jeep and leave it. The MS290 I have takes up quite a bit of room. Add in camping gear, food, people/dog, it's easy to have it packed floor to ceiling.

Service it? Other than minor stuff like a plug or pull rope you'd be better off to toss is and buy new if it breaks.

Okay - I think I'll pass and just keep putting a little cash away for a quality saw - thanks guys. Cheers!

Looking for another saw I would check out AS classifieds. Or Chainsawrepair .com

I'll give that a shot wkpoor - thanks! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.