Earthquake trailwarrior quicksplit 12 ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newguy09

Jan 5, 2009
Central IN
Is anyone familiar with this spitter? Earthquake (trail warrior) quick split 12 ton. They have them at rural king for 599 which is about the price range I am in. Can't really afford anything more. I load my stove front to back so most of my split isnt more then 16 inches long. I currently have a 4 ton electric splitter which has been able to spit almost everything I need it to but it is very slow and is a pain in the butt because it requires you to push two different buttons at once to make it go. Im thinking about selling it and buying this splitter. Will it be much better? thanks

I bought one fall 2008 from the Depot. It has split pretty much everything I put in it (mostly oak, maple, beech). I don't think it would be very good for anything real twisted like elm. I do like the fact that it is compact because I haul it behind my ATV to the rounds and split there.

Only had a couple problems with it.

1 - My brother tried splitting through a crotch and it bent part of the wedge. They need to weld a plate on the top.
2 - A little more than a year owning it, roughly 6-7 cords split, the valve started leaking.

It is what it is, and you get what you pay for. If I'd had more money I would have bought something different, but I was in the same boat as you.

I bought one last year and have not had any problems with it.

I split about 3-4 cords of oak and maple with it so far The largest piece I typically split is 18 to 24 inches in diameter.

If you do plan on getting one, wait and see if you can find any on sale. Home depot was clearancing them out last year and I managed to get mine for $450.

Status
Not open for further replies.