Eastern Shore Thresermen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronmbucket

Oct 18, 2009
se pa
Here's some pictures I took at the Eastern Shore Threserman's get together in Maryland this summer.These steam engines are mostly wood or coal fired. They are suprising quiet when they are running.
103_7157.jpg

103_7152.jpg

103_7160.jpg

103_7143.jpg

103_7151.jpg

The husbands drove and the wives worked the oil cans.

Looks like some pretty green wood they were putting in to that Huber (1st pic).

Peace,
- Sequoia

Thanks for sharing the pics! I love steam power. Our antique club doesn't have steam engines at any of our shows supposedly for insurance reasons, so some of the other members and I go to the Badger Steam and Gas Engine Show in Baraboo, WI every year.

I grew up around steam power (primarily Case). I had a distant crazy cousin that was an uber collector, and had a yearly show. My dad was always called upon (and later - me) to be one of the drivers.

Sadly - the crazy cousin passed away a few years ago. His auction brought people from around the globe. Many ended up going overseas to other collectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.