Easy Blaze pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Grader07

Jan 14, 2017
Maryland
I know each pellet stove burns differently but i want to know if anyone has exp using the Easy Blaze pellets... i have a mt vernon ae insert upstairs and have switched to hamers hot ones and it is doing exceptionally well on them, however they dont seem to burn as well in my trekker stove in the basement... i have used lignetics, appalachin hardwood, and hamers hot ones now in the trekker and they all seem to burn dirty in that stove. Just wondering if maybe i should try a soft pellet in that stove. And do they burn hotter being soft wood or just less ash? O’malleys didnt do well in either stove! Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I tried American woodfibers pellets they are soft wood. They burn a lot hotter than hamers or Omallys. I didn't have my air damper open enough and they sooted everything up. I assume or maybe it was the pellet. My friend swears my Easy Blaze. Omalleys are junk. I have been mixing them in with my hamers to get rid of them.

Reactions: Grader07
I have a Trekker and the cleanest pellets I've used are by Agway. Never a single clinker. Good heat, hardwood, and they burn clean. Between $7 and $8 a bag. Currently using O'Malley's Power Pellets and they are dirtier and leave large crusty clinkers in the bottom of the burnpot. The clinkers are soft and are easy to remove from the burn pot with the provided burnpot handle on the Trekker but they are there. They are, however, much less expensive that Agways. If you have access to an Agway give their pellets a try.

agwaypellets.jpg