easy scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohio woodburner

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2009
NW Ohio
My neighbor decided to have seven ash trees taken down Sat. Needless to say i was drooling. Me and three other neighbors were out there at the crack of dawn bucking and cutting this morning. My wife wasn't to happy i missed church but i told her she'll be nice and warm next winter. I'll post some more pics tomorrow when i can get em.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 578
  • ash.jpg
    ash.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 555
Some times you have to take one for the team to keep your wife warm. Nice score.

7 ash shes got to understand that!

I'm sure both your wife and your Lord will forgive you as you were really out there providing for your family. Happy burning!

Backwoods Savage said:
I'm sure both your wife and your Lord will forgive you as you were really out there providing for your family. Happy burning!

I hope your right Dennis :) She walked down yesterday and reminded me that i promised the kids to take them bowling i told her i remembered then she said if she didn't come down she knew I'd never leave there. ha ha i got four of these trailer loads out of there yesterday. Hope to do some more this week.

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 433
God understands when you miss church for a score like that. Id thank him for the reason why you had to miss church if I were you. That's a good haul.

Great score, that wood in your trailer looks like Red or Pin Oak, thought you said Ash?

Good score.
EASY scrounge is an understatement.

There is the occasional Sunday morning that I decline to go to church with the family. I say, "my god is at the bottom of a wood pile". It gets a smile. I think my god understands.

Todd said:
Great score, that wood in your trailer looks like Red or Pin Oak, thought you said Ash?

No it's ash. The ash borer unfortunately did a number on them.

Well, my God doesn't care when OR where I pray from. It can be church, work, bed, the wood pile, riding my dirt bike..........as long as I follow his teachings in my daily life I'm good to go. In my book, GOING to church doesn't show God anything, it's just to put on a show for the other folks.....
Besides, how could God possibly fault you for providing for your family........good wood score.
I don't intend to offend anyone......just my way of doing things. Born and raised Chatholic, sunday school, alter boy, church functions.......

Status
Not open for further replies.