EBW 150 Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rjnel

Jul 22, 2008
So.Eastern, MA
I purchased an EBW that I will be installing shortly and have some questions if you could help it would be greatly appreciated.
1. Is there any good plumbing diagrams available ?
2. Without a storage tank could I have over heating problems ? I intend to get one eventually but the cost of the boiler has me tapped right now.
3. I have an oil fired boiler now with a domestic hot water coil in it and separate a 40 gal. electric hot water heater for spring/summer/fall, can I parallel the EBW,oil boiler and the hot water heater (powered off). If so would the oil boiler and the hot water heater tank act like a storage tank ?

Thanks
Randy in Norton,MA

The three stickies at the top of the boiler room forum have loads of info on plumbing ideas. As for the rest, someone far smarter than I will have to answer. Good luck!

The 150 makes a lot of heat fast. Without storage, you will indeed have overheating issues if you don't have a heat load matched to the output of the boiler, and to have that, I would think you would need a leaky old house. I am an example of this, I added heat load and storage to my system and went from being very frustrated to very happy. Study these threads and absorb as much as you can before putting one stick of pipe together. Do a search on Econoburn and you will come up with several very good threads, some of which contain many posts from me regarding issues I had. You will see that there is a learning curve with gassifiers. Please take the time to read the plethora of data here on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.