Echo CS-361P

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TJ1

Burning Hunk
Jan 12, 2015
Tennessee
Am considering buying one this spring when my dealer has their annual 20% off sale. I need a lightweight saw, under 9 pounds, with reasonable power and 14-16 inch bar. The sale price will bring it down to about $320.

However, if I can be steered onto something better for the same price or less would consider it. Would like to stay around 9 pounds and comparable power range as this will be carried a fair amount.

Thoughts on the Echo or comparable models will be appreciated. The only other saw that seems interesting is the Stihl MS 211 C-BE but it weighs in about 1 pound heavier.

Can't speak on 361P but had a 330T. It was a great little limbing/climbing saw. When buying a new pro saw, you'll get the most bang for your buck from Echo.

Reactions: beatlefan
The only other saw that seems interesting is the Stihl MS 211 C-BE but it weighs in about 1 pound heavier

The MS211 C-BE is a nice little saw. I run mine with the Oregon Powersharp setup for finishing those last cuts where you know the chain is going to end up in the dirt. The powersharp chain is a bit aggressive for this saw, but if you take your time is will do OK.
As for the MS-211 C-BE, it's easy start system is really nice when you first fire up the saw. The only thing I don't like about it is the oiler is non-adjustable. Mine will go thru less than half a tank of bar oil by the time the fuel tank is empty.

Non adjustable oilers is the norm on new non-pro saws unfortunately ....thanks EPA..

I have the smaller CS-310 for a limbing saw. It does better than you'd expect from a 30cc saw and is very light. I did modify the muffler and adjust the carb as soon as I got it.

don't have the saw but we have a chop saw running a echo. Good little unit but i hate the on/off switch im consistently bumping it

I have a Stihl MS211 and its not a bad little saw. Takes a few more pulls to start than my big saw but does a good job with smaller logs and limbs, its very lightweight and although it will likely last a while it's definitely "plasticky" in construction.

I'd recommend visiting a dealer that will let you try out a few models to see what works best for you.

mine used to take forever, it starts a little if you put a e3 plug in it and dont use the compression release.

I have an Echo CS590 and absolutely love it. I plan to buy a small Echo this spring also.

Reactions: dougand3
mine used to take forever, it starts a little if you put a e3 plug in it and dont use the compression release.

100% agree on the E3 sparkplug. I have one in my Husqvarna 365 Special and even though that thing is 18 years old it will start cold on the first few pulls (one pull choked if I can get it to half choke fast enough).

At first I thought it was just an expensive spark plug but it has made a noticeable difference in ease of starting.