Eco logs...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the link didn't work, it's regional specific.

Use postal code G1A 1C5 .

A few people i know around here burn them things. Guy says its easier for his wife to load that way. Dont think its for me though, I love the work end of scrounging cutting heck I like it all.

My local Aubuchon sells those, I bought a couple boxes to try, they're ok if you dont have enough seasoned wood.

I recon they will burn If Your Too Lazy to Work (or busy) to get your Firewood.;lol

I am too lazy to work. I find them at the right price and they are gonna be here. Unfortunately the few sold around here are crap from what I hear. Oh well.

There is a place that sells them here. I forget the price, but it was too much. I have to be under $200/cord for it to be cheaper to heat with wood than with gas.

In my situation, no matter what I burn (eco logs or wood for that matter), I burn because I enjoy it. The financial gain of burning is in fact a loss in my case. I am slowly realizing that to get my money's worth from my stove and chimney will take FOREVER. I simply enjoy being a bit independant from the electricity company and enjoy the nice heat.

I told my wife this morning that I purchased 26 boxes (it was the max amount allowed per customer) and she was like "what the hell..why don't you try 1 box before buying the other 25!". To which I replied " because the sale ended today!". I figure that 9 pressed wood logs for $5 is not a bad deal...I could be wrong! I also presume it will have barely any moisture content, therefore, limiting creosote buildup?

I presume you simply burn 1-2 logs with a bit of wood in an EPA stove??? I have read many threads on this forum that recommend against loading with 4-5 logs.

I attached a picture of the flyer.

Andrew

Attachments

• BMR_7cb9d1f8-2011-416f-af2c-5479898d5a76_101_44945_BMR_02_QUE.jpg
    BMR_7cb9d1f8-2011-416f-af2c-5479898d5a76_101_44945_BMR_02_QUE.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 152
FYI..LOL. I am not too lazy to work. I work 40 hours a week, have a 2 year old, new house (finishing garage), kid on the way in 2 months AND try to cut/split firewood (I have no atv, no tractor, no splitter! I do it all by hand..and a wheelbarrow!).

A

Reactions: CageMaster
Status
Not open for further replies.