Brunco Hearthglow Fan Operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

brunco

Jan 7, 2024
ohio
I recently purchased a home which has a Brunco Hearthglow insert. With the help of others here I've managed to locate the manual and figure out how to use it, but the manual doesn't really say much about the electric fan system that the firebox sits on top of.

There's a 115v plug-in. There's also a switch on the front under the firebox. The switch sometimes turns the fan on/off and other times does nothing. Is anyone familiar with the operation of the fan system on this insert?

tempImageqVDdig.png

Is there a thermostatic switch that waits to turn on the fan until the stove body is hot enough?

I don't know. That was my guess as well, but the switch doesn't seem to do anything consistent. Sometimes it will turn the fan on, sometimes it won't. Sometimes it will turn the fan off, sometimes the fan will run regardless of the switch setting. When I leave it running at night the fan is still running in the morning even when the stove has cooled. Maybe it changes the temp at which the fan activates?

I'm trying to find documentation that explains the function of the switch. I sent an email to the manufacturer and will report here if I get a response.