cab- 50

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fbordo

Oct 29, 2023
Millbury ma 01527
Hello everyone,
I just joined this forum with the hope of getting help for my cab 50 echo choice.
I owned the unit for over 10 years and the only part I replaced twice was the ignitor.
Recentely I cleaned the performed the yearly cleaning, stove firebox chimeney line etc.

I plugged in the unit and did not start. the red call light did not came on.
I ordered parts after looking at the user manual and related videos.
after replacing the snap #3 disc, the control box and the wall thermostate the unit starts up and shut down but sometimes, but still the call light does not come on.
I also tried to replace snap disc 1 and two and the vacuum switch.
It is strange, sometime the stove start and cycle normally under the thermostat demands, other time it does not.
can anyone help?

After troubleshooting my stove my observations were:
Red call light was on regardless of any or all snapdiscs or vacum switch unplugged or plugged
This was also true with thermal couple unplugged .
That would leave the control box and thermostat which you said were both new. If it were me id be looking closer at the wiring and the blade connector that the control box pushes into beings it is intermittant (poor contact) good luck!

Reactions: fbordo
After troubleshooting my stove my observations were:
Red call light was on regardless of any or all snapdiscs or vacum switch unplugged or plugged
This was also true with thermal couple unplugged .
That would leave the control box and thermostat which you said were both new. If it were me id be looking closer at the wiring and the blade connector that the control box pushes into beings it is intermittant (poor contact) good luck!
Thank you.
That is a very good point.
I forgot to mention, when the stove fails to start a regular cycle, I simply push the reset bottom once and it starts.

Hmm, Id still be looking at connections but i would be looking closer at the thermostat i think. Try jumping the thermostat terminals and see if anything changes

Reactions: fbordo
Thank you again for your reply.
I did try a few days ago before writing this post, and I also tried with a brand new wire.
Still same results.
Basically the stove functions normally without call light. No failure in the last 48 hours, still pretty weird.
I will check better the wiring in the box below the control box.
Could the lid switch be the issue?