Ecobrix

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olddawgsrule

Hearth Supporter
I’m looking at the Ecobrix cause I can’t find Biobrick (at a reasonable price) in my area.
Yes I burn real wood upstairs (please don’t give me crap, I’ve read other posts…), I’m looking for a convenient way to burn downstairs (trust me on this, I have my reasons).
Has anyone had experience with these Ecobrix??

I moved your other thread from the Ash Can to the Hearth Room, so your question's up in two places. I think I'll leave this one in the Wood Shed, because it's really fuel-related. I'll delete the other thread entirely. Rick

olddawgsrule said:
I’m looking at the Ecobrix cause I can’t find Biobrick (at a reasonable price) in my area.
Yes I burn real wood upstairs (please don’t give me crap, I’ve read other posts…), I’m looking for a convenient way to burn downstairs (trust me on this, I have my reasons).
Has anyone had experience with these Ecobrix??

Buy seasoned wood. Ecobrix are hard to light and messy. And the do produce a good amount of creosote. I got three tons of them and am not too pleased with them.

Go to this thread: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/49658/ and read the last 4 posts. agartner and s0055d discuss them in more detail than he went into above. It was enough to keep me away from them. As for the BioBricks, there are certainly more dealers in NH than in NY. http://www.biopellet.net/wheretobuy.html If you're having trouble finding them give BioBrick a call. When I called one of the partners answered the phone. Guess it's a small operation. Nice guy and was able to tell me when the nearest dealer was getting his shipment. You might also consider pellets. There was a thread recently on burning pellets in a wood stove using a special rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.