Econoburn EBW-100 fan control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeeH

Mar 12, 2010
New Hampshire
I am finishing up the installation of my Econoburn 100 and have a question about fan control and overheat protection. What I understand from the manual is the fan is either on or off depending on temperature below or above the desired setpoint. So why do we need a separate aquastat to shut off the fan if temperature gets to 210? Shouldn't the fan already be off at that point?

My understanding is that it is for safety reasons-- both so that there is a second control as a fail-safe, and because the mechanical aquastat is specifically rated for such safety-type duty to interrupt a runaway system, whereas the digital controller is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.