Econoburn has the best customer service

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

b33p3r

Feeling the Heat
Jan 29, 2008
NE Pa
Earlier this year I had a water leak in my EB-150. It was a couple months out of full warranty when I called Dale at Econoburn. He asked me to ship it back to him and I eventually got around to getting it to him late June/Early July. Within 1 to 2 weeks I heard back from Dale telling me the boiler was ready and there was NO CHARGE $.
Now when I was originally looking for a wood boiler I spent many hours in here reading and learning and deciding the pros and cons of different boilers. Two of the big reasons I went with Econoburn were because customer response to all inquiries were prompt and friendly and they are an American company. MADE IN THE U.S.A. Yes they are great boilers also but I'm sure other boilers can claim the same thing so that may or may not separate them from their competition. But their customer service truly does.
So they not only repaired my boiler but they did it within 7-10 days. Not only did they repair my boiler but you won't believe the upgrades they performed while they had the boiler there! They replaced the nozzle. No charge. They replaced the door gaskets. No Charge! They upgraded the controller. No Charge! The installed a fan toggle switch. No Charge! They gave me a new refractory for the secondary burn chamber. No charge!
Come time to make arrangements for the return shipping, I asked Dale if they could deliver it to Fastenal in Dunkirk(5 miles or so) because I could have it shipped home for $200.00 bucks if they did. Dale stated it wasn't their policy but when he heard what it would save me in shipping he went over and beyond and dropped it at Fastenal. No Charge! I'm telling you you will be hard pressed to get better customer service than that.
Any piece of equipment can have problems from time to time but to find a company that stands by its product is priceless. Kudos to Econoburn. The best service I ever received from any company!
So if you are looking for a wood boiler and can't decide between an Econoburn and another manufacturer .....................Go Econoburn! You won't be sorry!

Thanks for the info on the warranty service ... great to hear they took care of you even though slightly out of warranty. Wish other manufacturers were as responsive!

Hi All
I will second their great customer service.
I had a problem with my original controller.I'm out in the bush no service of any kind around here.
They had one on the way the next day.
Thomas

Hi All
I will second their great customer service.
I had a problem with my original controller.I'm out in the bush no service of any kind around here.
They had one on the way the next day.
Thomas
Sounds familiar ... the out in the bush part! Local service folks are no longer surprised that I do my own repairs on many appliances ... hate waiting on someone else's schedule. Particularly tough when a washing machine goes down and you have 6 kids!

Sounds familiar ... the out in the bush part! Local service folks are no longer surprised that I do my own repairs on many appliances ... hate waiting on someone else's schedule. Particularly tough when a washing machine goes down and you have 6 kids!
Appliancepartspros.com Great parts diagrams for appliances. Fast delivery and good prices. Always had good luck with their service also.

I had the same issue with my Econoburn 150 a year out of warranty. Emailed Dale and he made the same offer; they would fix it free of charge if I were to have it shipped back to the factory. Shipping anything from where I am is extremely expensive and a logistic nightmare (i.e. as much as the boiler was worth) but Dunkirk is only a 250 mile hike from here. Figured I'd put it on the pickup and deliver it myself, it was September and the weather was still stable. Then I got sick and put it on the back burner. Got straightened around and ready for a road trip in February that winter but after two weeks of trying to reach Dale I gave up trying. I bought a new Biomass 80 and the Econoburn has been a barnyard ornament for three years now. It was used for 6 years and functioned well but I had two welding shops look at it and both determined that they weren't really equipted to completely slice and dice the back of the unit to get at where it was leaking so it wouldn't be economically feasible. If anyone might be interested (maybe cut a deal with Econoburn), make me an offer.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.