Ecoteck Elena - Revs encoder connector

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Girl

Nov 12, 2011
NW Ontario
Looking over our second Elena we picked up last fall - wish it would have been in the house this winter;)
While replacing the original screws with stainless, I noticed an electrical connector that doesn't seem to belong (could be wrong). Followed it back to the combustion blower, capacitor and position 9 on the board (two black wires and one blue to capacitor). I didn't have the wiring diagram handy but think I'm missing a Revs encoder connector. Can they be purchased through Barry?

What exactly is a Revs encoder connector; what do they do?

Guess I'll be going over all the electrical to ensure nothing's been messed with...

I do believe that stove uses a ebm/papst combustion motor,which has a hall effect sensor inside the motor,which tells the computer exactly how fast the motor is running,as motor speed is variable.Same as an austroflamm.I will try to post a link you might be able to get connector.Bob

Appreciate the explanation - it is indeed an ebm papst. Thanks for the links.

I think I'm going to print off the wiring diagram and take a stroll through all the wiring...

Status
Not open for further replies.