Edjumakate me pls

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paguy

Dec 4, 2009
milton pa
Ok,

Im thinking of putting a SS liner in my now 8 inch terrocotta flue. (have nc30 and am getting some glaze, running decent wood, good temps, has to be a chimney issue)

The flue leaves my stove, does a 90 degree turn out thru the thimble and the stubs into my block outside chimney.

How in the world would I put a "T" in the chimney to join teh flue piping to the large verticle run in the chimney? I just cant see how to make the attachment without busting out some block.

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEt-3HE_ikA

Pretty much accurate? Also I dont have a cap on my currrent chimney, think that has anything to do with my glazing?

Also when installing the appliance T, should there be a section of pipe connected below it to support the weight or does the t support the weight?

I also have a 8 x 8 clay flue that I was thinking of lining this year. But if the existing flue is 8 x 8 then i would have to reduce the linear to a 6 inch is this correct or not? If I use a 8 inch liner and with the insulation it would be to thick to get down the existing flue? or am I missing something ?

For less then 450 bucks I can get the 6 inch flexible ss liner, the roll insulation, and all the joints which is suppose to fit nicely into an 8 inch existing flu. Im confused about what supports the weight of the new ss flue though. Im assuming that below the new T is nothing but want to confirm that before I order the parts.

450 bucks is pennies to get the correct flu size and help everything work better.

Make sure the liner kit comes with the top plate, clamp(s) & cap. The top plate should clamp around the liner supporting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.