EF3 feed light is always on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The feeder is not feeding pellets and the feed light stays on all the time (green) any help would be great
vacuum switch is not closing. most likely ash build up in the venting or the air hose to the switch is clogged at the nipple.

There is a chance it is a timing box but you need to rule out the easy fix first. if the nipple, hose and venting are clear, you need to test the auger timer box or perhaps the dial a fire.

Hello, Problem is most likely startup block or auger timing block- looking at schematic it is tied into auger light... hopefully Scott (above) is right about needing cleaning, but sounds like a timing block. Check wiring too on the dial-a-fire and all timing blocks. Assume the prob was when turning on stove (dial-a-fire rheostat), exh blower starts up, auger light (green light above auger start switch) is on at that point and stays lit? Let us know what prob turns out to be. I have that stove have never seen that prob. Good luck.

Stovelark
Enviro EF3
Enviro Empress FPI
Enviro 1700 FS woodstove

Hello

I have never seen that issue either! Also I suggest to check the easy items first.
1. No pellets in the Hopper!
2. Auger Jam
If there is an Auger Jam, Then try to break apart jam by
poking at the jam through the drop tube. If this fails
then empty the hopper and remove the auger cover.
**Remember to re-seal the auger cover after
installation**

See EF3 Control Panel below and Suggested Tools from the
Enviro Pellet Stove Service Manual
FOR INSTALLERS AND SERVICE TECHNICIANS ONLY. :) LOL
P.S. Once I removed all the T-20 Torx Screws and replaced them with Phillip Head Stainless Steel Screws, I did not need that T-20 Torx screw driver any more! That was a PITA!

BTW. Nice manual it has Troubleshoot Flow Charts and all the Voltage and Resistance Values in a good stove!
See Free Download here > > http://www.enviro.com/images/manuals-brochures/owners-manuals/C-12145 Instruction PELLET Service Manual.pdf

Attachments

• EF3ControlPanel.jpg
    EF3ControlPanel.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 648
  • EFSuggestedTools.jpg
    EFSuggestedTools.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 304
Hello, I have seen this problem 100 times or more...trust me, it's a clogged vac hose or clogged vent. OR it could be the exhaust blower has failed, either way...its most often an air flow issue. If the light doesn't light up...that's a timer block.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
well guys this is happening again I jumped everything I can low switch high switch jumped /the vacuum lines blew through the vac line no good now what I have the trouble shooting manual and did all that it suggested what can I be missing the stove was cleaned 1 month before season end so it should be very clean
I really don't want to pay some one ..The auger works for sure tested that with a lamp cord the ohms are good on the dial by fire knob ... what can I be missing

http://enviro.com/custom_content/docs/manuals/C-12145 Instruction PELLET Service Manual.pdf

Well I figured it out it was one of those blue arger blocks the one thing no one told me about on this form I saw a harness for that sale on eBay and the gentleman was nice enough to explain that he's actually seen my problem before thank God but it all makes sense because that actually times the other the green light being stuck on was the vacuum switch connections I put them back on incorrectly on mine is actually three prongs too close to one another one in the back is supposed to have one on there one way in the back and the other one on either one that are close to each other I had them both on the ones close to each other anyways once I put the new block I corrected the connections on the vacuum switch my target started working again so for $65 I'm up and running

Reactions: Don2222
Awesome to hear, hard to kill an EF3. Pretty dependable stove...

Status
Not open for further replies.