EFEL Oil Stove Part Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

frog8fly

Sep 30, 2023
Canada
Good morning all,
First time posting to this forum. I do not know if this is the correct forum but here goes anyways. I inherited an EFEL Harmony oil burning stove which I just love. The electric starter did not seem to work so I removed it and just use a long Kebob BBQ skewer to light the burner. The part which I would need help with is in the PIC. My suspicion is it's some sort of thermostat that sits on the carburetor and the little arm is on top of a valve, I suspect. I always have the lowest setting on the stove and after 3 to 4 hours it can get quite warm in the basement. Maybe this part can lower the burner flame below the lowest setting of 1. Any help in initial setup and adjusting would be greatly appreciated.

EfelThermostat.JPG

You may want to ask at a furnace or hvac board. I’m not sure we have the knowledge here about old oil burners.