Efficiencies of EPA fireplace units, fireplace inserts and stoves... How do they compare?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olsonbri

Jan 24, 2011
Stillwater, OK
in general. I'm just curious as I know a lot of folks where I live have wood stoves, and some with fireplace inserts. Either way, people I know don't totally rely on wood as the heat source for their home. Does anyone have know or have a handy link for the purpose of comparing types of wood burning units in terms of their ability to produce BTUs?

Thanks --Bri

olsonbri said:
in general. I'm just curious as I know a lot of folks where I live have wood stoves, and some with fireplace inserts. Either way, people I know don't totally rely on wood as the heat source for their home. Does anyone have know or have a handy link for the purpose of comparing types of wood burning units in terms of their ability to produce BTUs?

Thanks --Bri

BTU ratings aren't a good indicator due to the different ways each manufacturer determines maximum BTUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.