1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

EKO 25 - I'd like to monitor the controller wirelessly?

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by RDabate, Nov 25, 2012.

1. RDabate

RDabate Member

Loc:
    Ellington, CT
    I'd like to set something up, so that I can monitor the controller wirelessly and possibly even put an alarm on it when it get's to a certain temperature. Has anyone set anything like this up?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mr.fixit

mr.fixit Member

Loc:
    west central wi.
    I did it the easy way.I bought a wireless video camera and mounted it so it was pointed at the control panel on the boiler.
    It had to be approx. 2 ft. away to get a clear view of the readout.Also I had to cover about half of the infrared leds on the camera to reduce glare off of the temp readout on the controller.

The camera was about 75$ at Menards.The receiver end just plugs into Your TV.
    I call it the boiler channel.It's My favorite channel.
  3. goosegunner

goosegunner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WI
    Controlbyweb.com has some pretty cool stuff. Can be logged with smart phones. I think there might be a capability to send text messages, I would call them and tell them what you want to do.

gg
  4. RDabate

RDabate Member

Loc:
    Ellington, CT
  5. Whittlesey

Whittlesey New Member

I use a wireless remote barbecue thermometer purchased on ebay for around $20. It has an adjustable high temperature alarm and a range of around 100 ft.