1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

EKO 40 Door adjustment?

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by Bliz, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bliz

Bliz Member

Loc:
    9 miles from Quebec
    I have received a number of good suggestions on how to help eliminate the odor of smoke/creosote on my EKO 40, but the next thing I want to try is to adjust the door. The book is not clear on how to do this. Do I have to take the door off or simply loosen both nuts on the door bolts, adjust and re-tighten? Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Medman

Medman Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
    You have to take the door off, then use a pipe wrench or similar to rotate the hinge pins 360* tighter, top and bottom. I fought with this, too, and the only thing that worked for me in the end was the silicone door gasket. This year's operation is relatively odor free since installing the gasket. The draft fan helps keep smoke out of the room when loading only, and for starting fires.
  3. timberr

timberr Member

Loc:
    Hill, NH
    Be careful loosening the hinges. The welded nut on my acted as a lock nut and the hinge post sheared off. I drilled out the threaded rod and inserted a bolt, locked it in with a nut. Wasn't difficult but I wasn't prepared for this happening and the boiler was down for 1 day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.