1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Eko super controller

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by Kemer, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kemer

Kemer Member

Loc:
    Northeast Pa
    Close to buying a eko 60 or 40 and I'm under the impression that there are older models and a new super model.I'm led to believe the super can control my oil furnance if the fire goes out (turn it on) and the super has Fahrenheit vs Celsius also something about new refractory and a coil?Is super exclusive to a 60 and 80?
    Thanks for any help

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    From my understanding, the Super has a manually-operated heat exchanger cleaner and different refractory. I also believe that all EKO models sold now in the U.S. (imported by New Horizon) are the Super models. So it's probably a moot point. But verify that. The Super is worth any premium you might have to pay. Apparently in Canada, you can still get the Standard models, so Canadian buyers need to be more careful. The new controller is nice, from what I hear. Make sure the boiler you order comes with it.
  3. solarguy

solarguy New Member

Loc:
    southern, nh
    The new control has a set of dry contacts on it so it will spool up your fossil fuel boiler when the fire goes out. The fan purge/idle control is know on the key pad instead of the back of the control housing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.