EKO40 Nozzle and Door seal pics.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huffdawg

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2009
British Columbia Canada
31158a852039bc25c184784ea046713a.jpg
44525f19a9f877c9a53acd5b892ef1d4.jpg
9a79480332d6f45693165a1e28214892.jpg

Just guessing, I would say 1 inch. In an emergency it doesn't have to be one piece. You could use a filler piece in the bottom.

how old is that seal ? looks disappointing. I have one like that that I haven't put in yet.

I just put that seal in late Sept. Yesterday I flipped both seals over and like the optimist I am ,I filled the boiler and lit it. I cut 45's on the corners of the top gasket , it leaked at every corner. I could have smoked a few fish in my boiler room. lol. After the fire burnt out I applied a good bead of rtv. to them. I will just light a little wee fire this morning to test.

Guess maybe ill try to get a little more use out of my old seal if that's all the longer they last.

Did you replace the nozzle, Dawg? If so, did you have to cut it down?

It will cost you $103, shipped, and you'll probably have to modify it to make it fit. If so, do yourself a favor and get your hands on a side-cutter/grinder with a diamond blade. And a dust mask.

Judging from the condition of your nozzle compared to mine, you should see a nice improvement in gasification and efficiency. I did, and mine wee not as bad as yours.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I saw the 3.5 or 3-inch cutting wheel in one of your photos, so I know you've got one.

Mine wouldn't sit all the way down in the hole. It was about 1/2-inch wider at the top than the top of the opening. Some people can get away with just cutting down the sides about two inches down. Me, I had to "shave" both nozzles down so that they were just smaller. I don't know what the problem is, but I'm not the only one who had to do that. It's a PIA, but the new nozzles (the 60 has two) work great and I think I'm getting better gasification and efficiency as a result. Love these gasification boilers when it's really cold. So nice to have so much clean heat available.

Yup you have to like the savings over other energy sources. Ordered new nozzle today. But won't be back home for two weeks. Also having a tough time sealing up my top door. Gooped it up pretty good yesterday with rtv high temp sealant and still have a small leak close to the hinge. Can't see exactly where it's coming from. I'm wondering if it's coming through where the bolts screw into the door that hold on that inner heat shield or creosote catcher or whatever it is.

FWIW------https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/econoburn-gasket-material.44835/ This gasket for my door is still holding up fine on my Eco. The links on post #5 work for the gasket material. There is a good selection of sizes available. Go to the third link and go to sheets and bars under silicone rubber, then go to Extreme Temperature Silicone Rubber to find what you need.

This Eko 25 experienced smoke leaking on the hinge side. In this case it was coming past the gasket and out an unwelded part of the door frame. The door face is not welded continuous to the door frame. Ran some RTV to fill those areas not welded and all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.