Elbow or Clean Out Tee

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Currently I have a Resolute III and use an elbow on my stove pipe. Has anyone used a Tee in place of the elbow? It would save a lot of work to be able to remove the cap on a tee and inspect or clean the horizontal pipe during the heating season. Any drawbacks to using a T other than it may look strange?

Currently I have a Resolute III and use an elbow on my stove pipe. Has anyone used a Tee in place of the elbow? It would save a lot of work to be able to remove the cap on a tee and inspect or clean the horizontal pipe during the heating season. Any drawbacks to using a T other than it may look strange?

Can you supply a picture please?

Can you supply a picture please?

Here is what I am referring to. This is from a VC booklet on stove installation. Wondering if anyone has theirs installed this way and if they like it?
upload_2017-1-12_18-59-2.png

Very interesting.
IMG_3746.PNG