1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

electric chain saw

Post in 'The Gear' started by struggle, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. struggle

struggle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Iowa
    Menards has 14" bar remmington electric chain saw (1.5hp) on sale for $28.99.

I got one for cutting splits that are to large to fit in the stove after I get them home. I cut one peice tonight and it seemed to work good. I figured at that price I had to have one.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. sixminus1

sixminus1 Member

Loc:
    Coastal NJ
    I have had a 16" remington electric for the past 3 years. I think it works great as a light-duty tool. The only problem I have with it is that the chain tensioning rod is a little bent. I think that was my fault, though -- the handle on the end of it is hard for my fingers to get to, so I used pliers to grab it.

Just make sure you keep it clean (oil and sawdust get gunked up pretty good under the plastic cover), keep bar/chain oil in there (it goes through it quickly!), and don't try to force it -- let it do the work, even if it takes a little longer than a gas powered saw.

And as you mentioned -- for that price, you can't go wrong.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.