Electric Forced Air Furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woodgeek called them "cheapo" not me... the "vent free" heaters (which I wouldn't install in my house) are what I'd call "cheapo".

The little 7500 BTU heater is really for a single room. Two of these (one in each of the back bedrooms) plus the 30,000 BTU gas fireplace in the living room, are [hopefully] my sole heat, but I haven't removed the old oil furnace yet (nor have I turned it on yet this winter; hopefully I won't have to). The Northern Tool one Woodgeek linked to, at 18,000 BTU, is more than twice the size of mine, though they also have an 8000 BTU model. The built in thermostat does quite well at keeping the room at a constant temperature. Operating cost is a lot less than electric baseboard unless you have absurdly expensive propane or absurdly cheap electricity.

No offense...not a lot of propane in my area and anything but a centrally controlled system would pull down resale in my area.

Looking to install an electric forced air furnace. Any one have a good one they can recommend? I have one register in my living room that I can hook a duct up to. I have no other except that one. Any good books or videos on how to install one of these units? Unless I can find a cheap contractor or something.

I have an American Standard electric forced air furnace in our 2400sq ft house. It's the reason that I started heating with wood

Works fine but draws around 18000W when it's running (80A x 220V) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.