1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Electric log splitters???

Post in 'The Gear' started by Chief Ryan, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chief Ryan

Chief Ryan New Member

Loc:
    Long Island NY
    I'm in the market for an electric splitter. I was looking at the Omegasplit 2008 9 ton splitter. Does anybody know anything about it or can anyone recommend one?

Walter Ryan

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    Howdy Chief...where'd you get that moniker, anyway? FD? Military? Anyway, there's a whole other forum on this website named "The Gear", where all that sort of stuff is discussed ad naseum. Go there and do a search or two, and you'll find all kinds of information on splitters of every description. Rick
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    The omegastores guy spammed this Forum a year or so ago pretending to be a delighted owner of one of the splitters. I got to searching around and found tons of complaints about non-existent service, quality problems, over spec'ed splitters and drop shipping from China after you order.

He may have changed his ways, joined the church and started putting money in the collection plate on Sunday, but I doubt it.
  4. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    Well, BB...I haven't done any of those things either...but I'd never try to rip you off on a crappy logsplitter (or anything else). :) Rick
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.