electric splitter guide plate came off.....Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2012
60 S. of Chicago
OK guy and gals need some advice please...
I have a taskforce 5 ton electric splitter and this w/e, I wound up severing the plastic spacer that firs between the ram and main beam of the splitter.
any ideas on howto mcgyver this or where to get a replacement part??

Thanks all,
chuck:confused:

Is there a parts list in the back of your owner's manual?

None of the parts lists for the electric splitters show it that I can find. Probably comes as part of the ram. It doesn't look like it makes much contact with the valley in the beam anyway on mine.

It's just a piece of Teflon/Delrin. Any decent hyraulic/rubber supplier will carry something that will work. I got a piece from AK Rubber and Supply for that same purpose. I would consider that part a wear item.

I did for a while and it started to tear up the "bed" of the splitter. I guess it'd probably take a while to wear through the metal though, but the splitter was not mine so I returned it in better condition.

Thanks for the replys guys.
Nate, I'll check into something like that.

do you guys think I'd still be able to use the splitter without that piece?
chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.