Electrical outlet near wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hass

Minister of Fire
Mar 20, 2011
Alabama, NY
I'm doing all the electrical work this coming week... and I was thinking of where to put the outlet for the wood stove.
Can I put one directly behind the wood stove? Or will that be in violation of an electrical code?
Since the stove will meet clearances to combustibles... I would imagine it would be fine.
But I'd hate to get it all buttoned up, and the inspector says no no.
I could just call him up, but I don't like doing that... especially since he's not inspecting my electrical work. :]

How did you guys go about it?

Should be the same ruling as for the wall sheetrock. If you are concerned keep it somewhat low above the hearth, say between 6-10".

I have one behind my stove off to the right as your looking at it. I use it for my blower. Perfect spot. Fire inspector for WNY said it was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.