1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Email from sibs yesterday

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by roadking88, Mar 20, 2013.

1. roadking88

roadking88 Member

Loc:
    central Maine
    got an email from steve yesterday..he said the mwp softies were $259 at the end of last season..also he now gets $25.00 delivery charge for my area..he's not sure on the price this year yet..seems alot to me..

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    He has def gone up in price quite a bit. I think he will find some of his customers will be going elsewhere.
    roadking88 likes this.
  3. Dollabill

Dollabill New Member

Loc:
    Between Augusta and Lewiston Maine
    well everyone needs to get a drop charge but i cannt understand the 259 mine at the begining of the season were 245 ! Ive said it before for that pricing Ill buy something a little better and the last batch of cubix i bought were 265 delivered and stacked for a straight 50 ! I like that deal
  4. mepellet

Loc:
    Central ME
    He started out last spring at 235 and that included delivery.
  5. Ejectr

Ejectr Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Brimfield, MA
    I bought mine at a local dealer near me in May last year and they were $269. Then they dropped down to $239 when I bought a ton in February.
  6. roadking88

roadking88 Member

Loc:
    central Maine
    yeah i got mine last summer i think it was august and paid 234. delivered..like bill said i'll get something better for that kind of $$$...i checked the place in oxford and i think
    they were 279 for spruce points last time i called..
  7. Central NH

Central NH New Member

Here in Central NH MWP have been 265 delivered for 2 seasons now.(all year long). I am not imressed with my last ton. Open bags not sealed well at all. 9 out of 50 made a huge mess!!
  8. subsailor

subsailor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Winthrop, Maine
    Count me as one. I won't pay $284 for them.
  9. mepellet

Loc:
    Central ME
    I might also be purchasing elsewhere. I have my name on his list but I told him that my order will friend on price. He did note that the delivery charge of $25 was per delivery and not per ton. Still not so sure though. We will see.
  10. lessoil

lessoil Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western Maine
    I stopped at his business yesterday. The blend will be $224 plus $10 delivery to my neck of the woods.--Rumford about 25 miles
    As stated above, $10 for the whole delivery 1 ton or 4. So my delivery charge will be $2.50/ton.
    Will be getting 4 more tons for next year. Of course the charge goes up the further away you are. Hope this snow melts so he has a place to drop them off. (Small yard)

This is an option where we live. Good idea when I decide not to deal with bags.

http://www.maineenergysystems.com/Pellestore_3TX.htm
  11. subsailor

subsailor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Winthrop, Maine
    Did you get a price on the softwoods?
  12. The Maniac

The Maniac Member

Loc:
    Winterport Maine
    I have to say I will wait for price from Steve .. I did buy from him last year 210 blend234 soft delivered .. maybe i foolish but i wont go over 250 a ton for any pellet am i wrong in that ? more I pay seems oil is an option ? thanks
  13. Hoot23

Hoot23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Alfred, Me
    Pellets would have to be around $500 a ton before I switch back to oil. And that would still be cheaper.