Embers on the glass and door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amerikaner

Nov 28, 2014
NJ
Hey all,

I just recently joined the club and got my first wood stove. It's a Regency I2400 insert. I was told I could load the thing up with wood front to back and top to bottom. I did so but after a few hours of burning I noticed some embers had fallen on to the door frame right against the glass. I figured this wasn't good and opened it up and got the embers back in the fire. As I was doing this I noticed some burning embers had fallen all along the gasket. I moved them off as well and closed her back up.

My question is, is this a reason for concern? Obviously the glass and gaskets are rated for high temperatures but are they OK when embers fall directly on them?

Thanks for the info. So far I'm getting first floor room temperatures 10 degrees above what I have my regular oil heater thermostat set for. My only other issue with the stove is the fan housing rattling on low and sometimes on high. I'm hoping I just have to pull it off and make sure it's tight.

Don't worry about anything falling up against the "glass" . . . worse that will happen typically is it will interfere with the air wash and smudge up the glass until the next high temp burn or you clean it.

Gasket . . . I haven't noticed any issue . . . but then again I don't tend to have any hot embers or coals squished between the gasket and stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.