Emergency gas shutoff inaccessible

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

keepmewarmer

Oct 11, 2021
Seattle
Bought a house and the Regency P33-NG3 gas fireplace installed by previous has no easily accessible emergency shutoff valve. Attached are some photos. I can see the current valve, but it’s hidden inside the wall behind some tile. I can’t even get to it.

Can I have a shutoff valve installed next to the fireplace through the tile? About how much might that run?

Thanks for your help, I love this forum.

Nick

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Bought a house and the Regency P33-NG3 gas fireplace installed by previous has no easily accessible emergency shutoff valve. Attached are some photos. I can see the current valve, but it’s hidden inside the wall behind some tile. I can’t even get to it.

Can I have a shutoff valve installed next to the fireplace through the tile? About how much might that run?

Thanks for your help, I love this forum.

Nick

View attachment 296107 View attachment 296108 View attachment 296109
Where is the closest shut off besides that one that is buried in the wall? If there is one in the basement I would not worry about it.
You could enlarge the opening in the side of the fireplace so that you could access the shut off.

Where is the closest shut off besides that one that is buried in the wall? If there is one in the basement I would not worry about it.
You could enlarge the opening in the side of the fireplace so that you could access the shut off.
The closest shut off is outside at the opposite end of the house on the meter.