Emission rating (g/hr) for first gen Ashford 30?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Poindexter

Minister of Fire
Jun 28, 2014
Fairbanks, Alaska
I am writing up my annual supplication the Alaska Department in charge of running radio commercials about wintertime air quality during summertime wild fire season; so that I may run my stove during wintertime moderate air quality events. My baseline mentation is somewhat escalated at this time.

One of the questions on the 11 page form is "emission rating of the stove in g/hr (must be 7.5 g/hr or less)."

I have an Ashford 30. "point zero." Mfr DEC 2013, S/N 1156.

Does anyone know my emission rating in g/hr?

I thought about sending a text to Chris, but it seems a trivial ask. I am seeing an opportunity to get one of his office people laughing pretty hard tomorrow morning - if none of y'all can come through.

I can see on the BK website the current production 30.2 is rated 0.8 g/hr. I _think_ the 30.0 was rated 1.2 g/hr but I don't want to lie to the government even by accident because you know yourself how bad that can turn out.

Thanks. Grumble grumble gummint.

They were pretty dirty back then. My 2012 princess was over 2 gpm and much dirtier than the hearthstone it replaced. I am confident it was under 7.5 but would agree with not guessing on the form. Good luck.

The 2015 EPA listing has the Ashford 30 at .97 gm/hr.